sobota, 4 grudnia 2010

Polish dubbing better than original version.





 Polish language is the most beautiful one I've ever heard (and it's not because of patriotism, it's just truth!) so it's pretty cool to listen Polish voices in animation movies and video games. But it's not always so much great...


There's lots of fails in Polish dubbing, especially nowadays... But we can find (how I call it) some pearls in pile of shit. We shall start with video games, shall we?

1. Fail
 inFamous

This game has one of the worst Polish voice tracks ever. 'Cause - really - how is it even possible to give actors from "Life with Louie"? Please, gimme a breake. I DO understand, that little Louie Anderson is best friend of the main character, but how (HOW!) could they preach us to listen to woman with no life. And she's talkin' aaaaaaaaall theeeee motha-fuckin' tiiiiiiiime.

 

Dear lady, less coffee, more expressive talkin' ;)

2. Half-Fail
God of War III
God of War: Ghost of Sparta

 
OK, it's not actually fail, but all society of Polish games gets LOL with it. It's not Zeus, it's not even Hephaestus (if we don't know that in Polish version, Fred Flinstone has the same voice). It's...the narrator in the teaser trailer!

 

And I was repeating the quote from tvgry.pl for about 1 week.

Polish version:
"Zanim stał się bogiem...
Był pierogiem
Zanim stał się wojownikiem...
Był piernikiem!"

English translation:
"Before he began the god...
He was the dumpling
Before he began the warrior...
He was the gingerbread"
(I know it suck in English version, but in Polish one it has rhymes! :D)

 Besides, I don't understand this GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD-OOOF-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR .
Dear lady, less expressive talkin', more coffee ;-)

3. Masterpiece
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

  
Everybody knows that Uncharted 2 is a good exclusive game for PS3. Well, it's also great in dubbing. I don't really know, what I can tell you about it. Polish voice actor (casted as Nathan Drake) is Jarosław Boberek - uncrowned king of Polish voice acting. Everything's great, they did really good job and I'm glad, that I can finally play whole the game in Polish version.
  
~~~

All right, the great wanting to spread my gaming mood completed. Now let me tell you about animation ;] The thread is even longer than Vistula, so it's hard to select three products, but I think, this is it:

1. Super-duper-extra-total-mega-(Doctor Octoganapus, BWAAAH)-Fail.
The Simpsons


The Simpsons is my favourite animated series, and it's one of my favourite animated shows ever. But how TV Puls could do this (if your sensitive to the curses, please, do not read this) MOTHA-FUCKIN, COCK-SUCKIN DUBBING! Maybe it's not TV Puls, it's might be me, I can be accustomed to original version, but - seriously - what's wrong with them? They could give it the subtitles, they could give it the reader (Polish tradition :D), but this? This is profanation.(Maybe it's why they cancelled it after 3 seasons)
If we talk about video 'sample' of dubbing, I couldn't find it. But there's a photo of waffle:

I wanna lick your ice-balls!
2. Half-fail
Phineas and Ferb


I really like this show, so it's really important to me to watch this in both languages (Polish, and English original). It's not pretty good, but it's not very hard to watch all episodes in both languages to me <trollface>. I do like Polish Doofenshmirtz, even Candace is not so bad (after all...) but.... Phineas? Guys, I don't like this character, more, I can even say that I hate him, but Vincent Martella does really good job, he can sing, and this voice is pretty cool. I'm officially in love with Come Home Perry and A-G-L-E-T, but why, WHY I SAY Mr Apostolakis got this job? It's unforgivable to sing A-G-L-E-T like THIS:



1. Masterpiece(s)
Disney movies and series in '90s




'90s is the renaissance of Disney animation and also the renaissance of Polish dubbing. It's the time of The Lion King (<3), Duck Tales, The Hunchback of Notre Dame... You can't even imagine how magical is that. And it's the time of "Polish dubbing better than original version". I can't express it with my words, just watch... pstfu! Listen to this:





2 komentarze:

  1. As much as I can see, those games aren't the worst thing ever. My personal favourite is that Disney Tarzan game which I play in the rare moments of total eclipse of the mind. I couldn't find a recording of that, but maybe it's better for your precious neural connections :P The whole thing is totally ungrammaticallly dubbed by some ilegal imigrants from Russia. That's a disaster. You cannot play that sober.
    Besides: yes! Long live the dubbed Disney movies! Long live "The Hunchback..." (forget the fact of its complete unrelatedness with the book)! Long live Boberek! And long live Zieliński, purrrr :3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Ok, ok, ok... But anyway polish language is really awful. That strong sound, something between russian, czech and german language. Beautiful languages? English, French, Spanish, Italian. :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń